The testosterone, a hormone produced mainly by the testes, usually associated with men, but women also has testosterone. This plays an important role in male sexuality and reproduction, governs factors such as sexual function, reproductive, muscle mass, hair growth, maintenance of bone density legal steroids, levels of blood cells and sense of well-being.
Starting at age 30, testosterone levels begin to decrease and continue to decline as the years go by. There are numerous strategies you can try to increase your testosterone levels naturally.
- Weight loss, losing weight can increase testosterone levels, according to a study presented at the Endocrine Society’s 2012 meeting. Overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels, so it is necessary to limit sugar consumption processed, dairy, refined carbohydrates, opt for natural foods, vegetables, fruits and animal protein of free grazing.
- High Intensity Exercise, this interval exercise has a positive effect to increase testosterone levels and prevent their deterioration. Unlike aerobic or moderate and prolonged exercise, which has not been shown to have any effect on testosterone levels?
- Zinc , this mineral is important for the production of testosterone, food is the best source of zinc such as foods rich in proteins such as meat, seafood fish; Other good dietary sources of zinc are beans, kefir.
- Healthy fats, research has shown that the consumption of omega 3 fats elevates testosterone, includes in your diet nuts, seeds, fish, salmon, tuna, avocado, olive oil.
- Handles stress, when the body is in situations of stress secretes a hormone called cortisol that suspends the process of testosterone production.
- Rest more , if you sleep less time your testosterone levels fall, ideally you have a restful sleep of between 7 and 8 hours, the body produces the most testosterone, and the better you sleep the greater the amount of this.
- Take sunbathing – Vitamin D can also increase this hormone, which helps improve libido, there are effective sources of this vitamin such as healthy exposure to the sun, supplementation with vitamin D3.
Optimal testosterone levels are also important for women, along with other key hormones, such as progesterone and estrogen. Therefore, take steps to lead a life that optimizes testosterone levels and along with this will improve your health and body at the same time.